Monday, November 19, 2007

Our new house

We made it!

On August 16th we left on a trip with no destination in sight and now, 3 months later, we finally move out of our trailer and into our new home.

For those of you who don't know what we've been doing, here's the scoop. A while ago, my wife and I decided that California isn't the must conducive place to raise a family, especially on a single income; and so we sold our house, I quit my job, we packed up our stuff, and we drove out of California with not a very good idea of where we where going. Our main goal was to find a local church where we could grow in Christ, and though that might sound like an easy thing to find, Ellie and I are quite particular about churches :) We eventually found a PCA church in Hickory, North Carolina where we seem to fit in quite well, and now, 3 months and 14 states later, we are moving into a new house. Well new for us anyway, it was built in 1950. I'm pretty sure that was before I was born, I'm pretty sure that's before my parents were born.

Anyway, here are some pictures and a movie. You can click on a picture to go to a web photo album where you will find a few more pictures.




6 comments:

Jen Smith said...

Congratulations!

We in California miss y'all very much.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

So exciting!!! This is quite a change from your little apartment in SLO! Gives me hope for someday...

Andrea Rooks said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about your family adventures in your new home.

Flo Paris said...

It looks like we'll be neighbors! Well, that is if you consider a 6 hour difference being neighbors...
We're moving to Nashville in January, but I'll be hopefully doing lots of shows and traveling around the south often. Maybe we'll see you back there! CUTE house!

Ken Kienow said...

Wow you guys. What a fun way to keep us updated. Your house is beautiful. Ken and I are happy to know you're all settled in. (This is Courtney :))